Oxygen Permeability Tester OTR-1901
OTR-1901 is based on the coulometric sensor method and available for the
OTR test of flexible films, sheeting and packages. It can test 3 specimens
in one operation with independent results.
Plastic films, aluminum foil, aluminized films, plastic composite films,
paper-plastic composite films, coextruded films, aluminum foil composite
Plastic, rubber, paper, paper-plastic composite, glass and metal packages, e.g.
red wine bottles, blister, various plastic bottles, Coke bottles, peanut oil
packages, Tetra Pak materials,vacuum bags, metal three-piece cans
(1) Coulometric sensor method
(2) Own technology
(3) Film and package test
(4) 3 specimens test simultaneously and independently
(5) One-button test, test automatically in whole process
(6) Multiple test modes optional
(7) Data curves display
(8) Computer control
(9) Digital flow adjustment
(10) 3 Chambers temperature sensor embedded in
(11) Environment temperature and humidity sensor inside
(12) Chambers water bath technology
(13) Unit based on embedded system,24bit - AD
(14) Pressure, oxygen and temperature overload protection
(15) Traceable reference film calibration
(16) Supports DSM system (DSM, lab data management system)
The specimen is clamped between the upper and lower chamber, the upper chamber is
purged by a oxygen stream, and the other side of specimen, lower chamber is purged by a
stream of nitrogen, due to the effect of oxygen concentration gradient at two sides of the
specimen, oxygen molecules will permeate through the specimen into the nitrogen side,
penetrated oxygen molecules will be carried to the coulometric sensor which generates the
proportional signal, so oxygen transmission rate and permeability coefficient will be obtained
by calculating the sensor signal.
The package is mounted on the lower chamber, the outside of the package is air or a pure
oxygen stream, the inside of the package is purged by a nitrogen stream, oxygen will
permeate through the wall into the inside of the package, penetrated oxygen molecules will
be carried to the coulometric sensor which generates the proportional signal, so oxygen
transmission rate will be obtained by calculating the sensor signal.
Delivery: Main unit, computer,G-TRANS software, temperature controller, vacuum pump,
tank regulator,PCIE card, communication cable, sample cutter, vacuum grease.Optional: Humidity generator, reference film, vacuum grease, sample cutter, DSM system.
Note: Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.